If gambling filled a huge void in your life, was an escape for your problems, and the only thing you really did for recreation, then it may more difficult for you to overcome a compulsive gambling addiction.
There is no easy fix or easy way for said self help for gambling. If I that there was, I would not be telling you the truth.
I can say, however, that there are solutions for compulsive gambling that can be used as you help yourself get past your compulsive gambling addiction.
Here are 5 Tips On Self -Help For Gambling Problems:
1. Make a decision to stop gambling, even it is for that day. Fill your day with other activities that are unrelated to gambling.Go see a movie, have dinner with friends, go to the library, or do some shopping. Whatever you do, do not gamble. click here
2. Look for a counselor in your area if you believe that you cannot overcome a gambling addiction on your own. You will also learn practical self-help techniques as well, but you will have the one one support. Look for a counselor who specializes in compulsive gambling addiction.
3. Seek out a Gamblers Anonymous group in your area. Group support is important when you are looking for ways to stop gambling. Gambling problems help can be found in support groups related to gambling addiction, and this can be invaluable to you.
4. When you have the urge to gamble again, take a few minutes to visualize what it felt like for you on your way back from the casino. You most likely will feel this horrible feeling before you make the decision to gamble again. Is this what you want to feel again later today? That horrible emptiness and despair in the pit of your stomach. This visualization is a powerful tool.
5. There are some wonderful self-help books and courses on how to overcome a gambling problems. These self-help books for gambling problems can be brief and to the point, and also more intense, depending on what you choose to help you with your compulsive gambling addiction.
It is hoped that some of these tips on how to overcome a gambling addiction were helpful to you. As stated previously, solutions for compulsive gambling do exist, and it is possible to recover from your gambling problem.